Kristen Qualls, MA, LPC, LMFT, NCC
Licensed Professional Counselor
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
Ages 13 and older welcome.
- Relationship Difficulties
Please feel welcome to inquire about the issues you're concerned about or with any questions.
I have worked hard to attain excellent education, and experience in the field of Counseling, and use different modalities that address many issues. Modalities include systemic, transgenerational theories, cognitive and cognitive/behavioral, existential, and solution-focused techniques.
For many people, this is technical jargon. I work to help simplify therapy and demystify it by explaining to each client the "theory of the problem" and that lends us to the "theory of the solution."
In other words, I help clients understand and solve their problems, demystify therapy, and explain what is working for them so that overtime they can take those skills with them and sustain change long after working with me.
Having never been an online counselor before, I have learned much about the process and benefits. I have noticed no change in the effectiveness of therapy for individuals or couples. Recent studies by the APA and ACA have shown that therapy is equally as effective in-person and online. Some of the benefits I have observed include:
- Comfort: People are more comfortable opening up because they are in their own space. It has changed the level of intimidation that people experience having to open up to a stranger on someone else's turf.
- No more babysitters: Clients can attend in the comfort of their homes, and their children can play with their own toys. Parents gain flexibility and affordability with scheduling and costs associated with child-care.
- Flexibility: I am able to provide a wider variety of time ranges to meet.
- No drive time or wasted time in the waiting room: Wait in the comfort of your own home, and waste no time on what you're working on while preparing to meet with me. I usually run on time, but for those minutes I get behind, people appreciate having the time to do other things. Not having to drive eliminates weather issues in the winter, and more time jostling schedules and planning for session times.
Benefits of Online Therapy (Telehealth):